Minor Construction Project Manager
Virginia State University, VA 23806
- The Project Manager will manage non-energy projects from customer work requests through planning, scoping, budgeting, estimating, design, prepare procurement bidding documents for construction bids (working with VSU procurement office); make selection recommendation.
- After award will manage all design/engineering efforts, construction, coordination of construction phasing and sequencing, respond to contractor questions/RFI's; review submittals; track deficiencies and workmanship; prepare reports and hold meetings.
- Projects are under $1.5 million and majority are less than $100K.
- Typically will manage 15 to 20 projects per year such as roof repairs, window replacement, utility and steam leak repairs, painting, finish work, and minor renovations, Mechanical and Electrical system repairs.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 4-year college degree in a construction/engineering/architecture related degree program preferred.
- Construction management experience can substitute for degree.
- CCM, OSHA, PMP, CQM, preferred
- 5 to 10 years working experience.
- 5 additional years if candidate does not have a degree.
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative.
- Must be able to manage own time and get work accomplished in best interest of owner and client.
- Working knowledge of MEP systems and utilities is preferred.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.