Mid-Level Structural Designer
Findley Township, PA 15275
- The Mid-Level Structural Designer will be part of a fast-paced team focused on designing Advanced Facilities such as steel mills, iron ore production facilities, and similar state of the art industrial manufacturing structures.
- Working with other designers and engineers of the multi-discipline team, will convey structural requirements to the construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models.
- Will work closely with clients and construction trade partners to develop design concepts, create models from scratch, and coordinate designs to consider existing conditions and other disciplines.
- Will create conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches
- Will coordinate work with related disciplines to resolve problems and avoid clashes
- Perform material take offs to assist with project estimates
- Will support work for other offices which may include travel
- Perform field walks, which may include climbing ladders and walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- Additionally, this position may require serving as a Lead Structural Designer for a small project.
- Provide leadership for a small team of designers, establishing project standards and procedures, training and developing the team, and building and maintaining team morale
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 5 years drafting/designer experience in the structural field
- 2-3 years Revit experience
- 3 years AutoCAD experience
- Experience working on traditional steel and concrete structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel (estimated travel time is approx.10%)
- Experience in the steel mill and/or iron ore production industry
- Experience in general industrial facilities
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam
- Experience leading a team of Designers
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.