Mid Level Instrument and Controls Engineer
Hillsboro, OR 97124
- The Instrument & Controls Engineer will support the design team in producing deliverables, including contract drawings and documents, and design calculations.
- Will prepare and supervise the creation of engineering reports, studies and calculations, as well as present control strategies to our clients.
- Support Design in producing deliverables, contract drawings and documents, design calculations and analysis
- Help develop controls strategies to clients for small to large projects
- Engage in the development of engineering reports, studies, and calculations
- Help evaluate the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria and systems to efficiently meet project goals
- Support technical review of process instrumentation submittals
- Help develop electrical design including cable/conduit schedules, control panel layout and wiring on large I&C/SI projects
- Prepare specifications and drawings, design control systems, write control system descriptions, perform system integration, perform start up and commissioning activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 4 to 7 years of instrumentation and control design experience
- Experience with designing and/or understanding Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Familiar with instrument selection
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems, Piping & Instrument Diagram Development (P&ID), control systems architecture development, SCADA systems, networks, network security systems, instrumentation and valve selection, motor control and power distribution systems.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
George Estepp is one of the Lead Recruiters here at HKA Enterprises. He specializes in recruiting for the Operations and Maintenance group and Engineering department. George’s advice to job seekers is "avoid having your resume fall into a black hole after applying by following up with me on your application with a quick phone call, text, or email as listed on the job posting."