The Villages, FL 32159 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA
• Reads water meters on an assigned route and records readings
• Reports meter skip or not acceptable for reading
• Visually checks to see that meters are functioning properly and reports defective meters
• Explains and interprets unusual readings to customer
• Turns water meters on and off
• Performs other related work as directed, such as painting, valve turning, water line flushing, water sample collection
Working in many types of local weather conditions (below 32 degrees and over 100 degrees). The ability to walk long distances, repetitive motions including; sitting, standing, stooping and lifting. The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact. Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to service equipment, and have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to walk up to 8 miles, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height, wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
Reads water meters and records consumption; minimal computer operations using asset management software, meter reading equipment, and company software for completion of timesheets, etc.
• Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Knowledge of the geography of street locations of the city
• Ability to write legibly
• Able to make routine mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately
• Able to deal tactfully and courteously with the public
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and mobile phone applications
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.