Greer, SC 29651
HKA is offering a $2000 hiring bonus for this position.
This is a long term ongoing W2 contract position with no projected end date.
HKA offers vacation and holiday pay, employee paid medical, dental and vision along with other perks.
NO relocation assistance is offered.
- The Metals Specialist provides technical and specialized guidance to the production areas on metals and quality topics through testing and measurement activities.
- Provides technical or specialized guidance to internal customers.
- Evaluates and analyzes failures of metals.
- Develops test methods for various testing of parts and materials.
- Provides technical solutions in support of procurement, body, assembly, facilities and paint shop processes for metals.
- Conducts data analysis, writes reports and solves related problems.
- Prepares samples of parts to be tested.
- Uses microscopes (stereoscope, scanning electron microscope, x-ray and other microscopes) to conduct hardness testing and universal test machine.
- Supports materials non-metals testing.
- Assists with the development of technical solutions within skill areas related to issues involving complexity.
- Supports Plant-wide PMP (Problem-Management Process), 8D, and CST (Cross-System Teams).
- Performs other duties as assigned by Operations Supervisor.
- Associates Degree in General Engineering or a related field.
- Certification in Electron Microscopy preferred.
- 1+ years of related experience in materials testing, data analysis, problem solving, and technical report writing (preferred).
- 1+ years of experience operating and interpreting data using hardness test machines, various microscopes, Universal Test Machine and other materials related test machines preferred.
- 1+ years of experience reading technical drawings and test procedures (i.e. ASTM and DIN) preferred.
- 1+ years of knowledge of equipment and general testing methods that apply to a wide variety of materials especially plastics, polymers, elastomers, leather, and textiles preferred.
- 1+ years of experience creating documentation, writing reports and developing presentations.
- 1+ years of knowledge of metals production and testing.
- 1+ years of experience performing and analyzing data from microscopic, tensile, and hardness tests.
- 1+ years of experience demonstrating computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.