Mechanical Design Engineer
Houston, TX 77059 US
Mechanical design and develop, in a fast-paced environment, the new generation of space exploration equipment including the new xEVAS Space Suits and Lunar Rovers.
This will involve the individual:
• Creating Concepts and Presentations thereof
• Producing Detailed Design Definition sufficient for Detailed Model Creation
• Performing Preliminary Structural Analysis including Limit, Fatigue and Shock
• Creating Written Reports to support Requirements Verification such as Structural and Mass Studies.
• Mechanisms Development
• Coordination with specialty engineering and analysis teams such as modeling and simulation, materials, strength, structures, and mechanisms panels
We are looking for at least
- a B.S. Degreed Engineer with at least five years of hands-on experience in Spaceflight/Aerospace Hardware Design especially involving NASA programs, Life Sciences and/or Space Suit experience preferred.
- Equivalent experience will be considered if it involves detailed design and structural analysis of components.
- CREO and WINDCHILL experience helpful but not required.
- Experience in an AGILE Program environment is a plus.
- Experience with NASA-STD- 5017 and designing for lunar thermal, radiation, and dusty environments are both a huge plus!
- Although this position is Hybrid, it is expected that most working hours will be spent ONSITE in the Houston office.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Nancy Boyce is a Sr. Technical Recruiter with over 30 years' experience serving the Aerospace and Engineering industries. Her favorite part of her job is working with a candidate through the whole process of getting them hired and then seeing them become successful in their career path. The best way to contact Nancy is via phone or email