Mechanical Design Engineer I 187873
Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Must be local to Charlotte, NC
• Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of well-defined problems in area of expertise.
• Contributes to team decision-making in the accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities; deals with changing priorities and differing situations and makes decision that may affect the work of the team.
• Conducts engineering and related studies; projects and assignments are clearly defined with focus on development but must be able to complete routine engineering projects with minimal oversight; competent to design, operate and maintain systems with minimum impact on existing systems.
• Possesses and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures; demonstrates proficiency in technical competencies and has ability to interpret technical information and instructions.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
• Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
• Graduation from a four year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited program. A Master's degree in Engineering will be considered in lieu of the B.S. Engineering degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of Engineering experience.
• Valid driver's license.
• Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
• Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals Exam.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Process improvement skills and experience.
• Meeting facilitation skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Experience in the utility industry.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."