Mechanic in Training 187739
Pembroke Pnes, FL 33027 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on lift station equipment, piping and structures.
- Assist in repair and/or replace lift station motors, pumps, and associated equipment.
- Assist in repair and/or replace lift station piping and structures.
- Assist electrician in repair and/or replacement of lift station electrical motor panels and radio telemetry units.
- Correctly diagnose lift station problems and be able to instigate proper repair procedures.
- Work within confined spaces such as sewage wet wells, manholes and "can" type lift stations.
- Operate and maintain equipment in accordance with manufacturer instructions.
- Diagnose computer generated telemetry reports on status of individual lift stations and lift station system in general.
- Knowledge and skill to operate the telemetry system used for monitoring and trouble-shooting lift stations and generating associated reports using laptop or desktop computers.
- Knowledge and ability to use a laptop or desktop computer to operate an electronic work order and asset management system as it relates to maintenance and repair of lift stations and associated equipment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to adequately perform periodic heavy manual labor under adverse conditions.
- Must have dependable safety and work record.
- Must have valid driver’s License.
- Knowledge of occupational safety rules and practices as they relate to confined spaces and mechanical equipment. Knowledge of general geographic area.
- Ability to both understand and communicate oral and written instructions. Ability to instigate, interpret, and complete work order forms. Ability to perform strenuous work in variety of adverse conditions including confined spaces.
- Skill in the safe operation of associated mechanical and electronic equipment as it relates to the installation, repair and maintenance of lift station pumps, motors, piping, and structures.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dillon joined our team in April of 2020, and has been one of our lead craft recruiters here at HKA. Funny, diligent, and a great support system for his clients and potential candidates, Dillon thrives on making sure he brings 110% everyday.