Crescent City, CA 95531
- The Mechanic performs preventive and corrective maintenance on buildings, structures, grounds, machinery and equipment
- Lubricates equipment and checks for malfunctions; replaces packing in pumps or valves; replaces bearings in motors, pumps, and other equipment; tunes engines, sets valve clearance, cleans, and adjusts regulators
- Analyzes equipment failures to determine cause and to prevent recurrences
- Installs and sets up new equipment
- Cleans out pipes and performs other plumbing and pipe fitting tasks as required
- Uses gas and/or arc welding equipment to heat, cut, braze, or weld
- Performs duties of electrician or painter in their absence
- Assists in keeping maintenance records
- Communicates effectively at all levels regarding recommended maintenance and repair procedures
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Some trade school education with an emphasis on electrical and mechanical equipment and metal fabrication preferred.
- Two years’ experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment, and tools used in the construction, repair, and operation of engines, pumps, and other mechanical equipment related to water/wastewater treatment plant operations and procedures
- Knowledge of the operations of internal combustion engines and electrical pump motors; safe work practices
- Ability to enter data into a computer maintenance management system
- Must be a solid mechanic with a good mechanical background.
- Must understand the workings of pumps, compressors, valves, actuators and using hand tools.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
George Estepp is one of the Lead Recruiters here at HKA Enterprises. He specializes in recruiting for the Operations and Maintenance group and Engineering department. George’s advice to job seekers is "avoid having your resume fall into a black hole after applying by following up with me on your application with a quick phone call, text, or email as listed on the job posting."