Canton, MI 48188 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on buildings, structures, grounds, machinery and equipment
- Lubricates equipment and checks for malfunctions; replaces packing in pumps or valves; replaces bearings in motors, pumps, and other equipment; tunes engines, sets valve clearance, cleans, and adjusts regulators
- Analyzes equipment failures to determine cause and to prevent recurrences
- Installs and sets up new equipment
- Cleans out pipes and performs other plumbing and pipe fitting tasks as required
- Uses gas and/or arc welding equipment to heat, cut, braze, or weld
- Performs duties of electrician or painter in their absence
- Assists in keeping maintenance records
- Communicates effectively at all levels regarding recommended maintenance and repair procedures
- Follows written and oral instructions
- Performs other duties as required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to work on equipment; have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height, climb and work off of a ladder or scaffold and climb into and out of vehicles having high ground clearance; use arms and back to tighten and loosen nuts and bolts; carry a 50 pound tool box up a flight of stairs; work in confined spaces and wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on wastewater treatment plants and related facilities equipment on an assigned shift
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Some trade school education with an emphasis on electrical and mechanical equipment and metal fabrication
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment, and tools used in the construction, repair, and operation of engines, pumps, and other mechanical equipment related to wastewater treatment plant operations and procedures
- Knowledge of the operations of internal combustion engines and electrical pump motors; safe work practices
- Ability to enter data into a computer maintenance management system
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.