Joplin, MO 64802
JOB # 169411
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Materials Manager
The company is a global provider of manufacturing and engineering services. We develop innovative electronic and engineered structural solutions for complex applications in aerospace, defense and industrial markets. Our broad capabilities, full-service collaborative approach and value-added services like new product introduction, supply chain strategies and program management deliver for our customer’s complex electronic and structural needs. The Materials Manager has direct organizational responsibility for all elements of material management and plays a key role in driving standard material and supplier performance across the company.
- Ensure effective materials and supplier management systems and processes are developed, implemented and continually improved across multiple operating centers while assuring materials and services are acquired at the lowest total cost to the company.
- Lead and participates in the selection, evaluation and management of suppliers and ensures processes for material and supplier management results in the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Manage key internal and external supply chain elements to achieve recurring improvement in supplier quality and performance while being aware of current supply chain trends and solutions and implements change where appropriate.
- Through materials management practices and sales & operations planning, manages key supply chain elements such as Purchase Price Variance, supplier performance, material on-time and quality, inventory turns, etc.
- Key member of S&OP process including program/production rundown reviews to communicate schedule status, needs, concerns, mitigation planning and actions as required.
- Work with production control, master scheduling, S&OP leader and supply chain members to ensure end-to-end forward looking supply chain process and execution, including demand, sales order entry, production planning, inventory management, and material preparation.
- Develops metrics for managing inventory costs, delivery times, service levels, and quality.
- Manages and participates in cross-functional teams to resolve delayed customer shipments, component shortages, overtime, priorities, and identified problems.
- As key member of new product launch team to support program management for program launch in terms of cost, delivery and quality, you will partner with program management, manufacturing, engineering, commodity leaders, and operation supply chain teams to ensure coordination and effective prioritization with suppliers for NPI launches.
- Ensure ITAR compliance and control.
- Generate cost, quality and timing targets for new component launches.
- Actively lead cross-functional business projects improving customer satisfaction to reduce cycle time, past dues and improve on-time delivery with proper inventory.
- Leads effort to develop, improve and implement sound materials management and flow to minimize lead time and inventory while achieving sales plan and customer service requirements.
- Provides for selection, training, development, coaching and mentoring, succession and performance evaluation of direct reports.
- Support and foster growth and professional development of direct reports.
- Investigate current supply chain trends and solutions and implements where appropriate.
- Initiate, promote and drive lean methodologies across all processes and standard work.
- Implementation of standard work and processes across areas of responsibility.
- Work with IT and strategic supply chain to continue to find improvement in the systems support tools to ensure world class S&OP process.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Highly analytical with solid communication, interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Highly motivated and able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience of team leadership in multiple functions such as Sales/Customer Service, Supply Chain, or Procurement).
- Advanced skills in Excel, Power Point, and Systems Database/Query Capability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and training skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Strong team building and talent growth and development skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Business, Supply Chain, or other related degree. MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8 years supply chain or related experience including significant experience in a leadership role. (Commodity management and supplier development experience preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years ERP system experience.
- Minimum 3 years of previous S&OP processes experience.
- ISM or APICS certification preferred.
- CPM, CSM or CPSM preferred.
- Aerospace or Electronic Component manufacturing experience desired.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.