Materials Handler 189832
The Villages, FL 32159 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Warehouse Assistant completes various inventory tasks to maintain high performance of the warehouse’s storage and distribution processes and handles receiving and distribution of utility related parts. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in report inventory quantities on a monthly and annual basis
- Follow proper safety protocol procedures
- Follow warehouse standards and protocols
- Communicate with vendors and other departments to ensure orders are processed in a timely manner
- Maintain sound working relationships with vendors to ensure responsive service and timely resolution of delivery related issues
- Maintain information regarding procurement on the CMMS business systems (Cityworks and Maintenance Connection)
- Maintain ongoing communication and respond to any questions related to inventory
- Receive and validate incoming deliveries
- Prepare and place purchase orders within CMMS systems
- Answer supplier and customer questions on purchases and supply orders
- Follow up with suppliers and staff on open order status
- Work with suppliers to assure timely and accurate deliveries
Depending on job tasks and location: Respiratory, hearing, and eye protection; hard hat, safety shoes, appropriate gloves, other safety equipment and/or uniform required.
- Effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties
- Light to heavy lifting and carrying 10 – 50 pounds
- Walking, standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Climbing on ladders, stairs, scaffolding and in and out of large trucks
- Reaching forward or above the head and shoulders
- Repeating the same hand, arm or finger motion
- Pulling and pushing
- Bending or twisting at the neck and trunk
- Squatting, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
Skills and Qualifications:
The Warehouse Assistant uses a variety of soft skills and industry knowledge to promote efficiency in warehouse and procurement operations including:
- The ability to learn warehouse management systems (Cityworks and Maintenance Connection)
- The ability to safely operate forklift
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Understanding of industry and company best practices for the warehouse
- Physical strength, stamina, and the ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Skilled in meeting deadlines, working under pressure, and working autonomously in a team environment
- Have 2+ years of warehouse experience.
- Have a valid driver license.
Education and Training Requirements:
- All applicants should have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Certification in the operation of a forklift truck is a plus.
- 2+ years of warehouse experience.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.