Materials Expediter 187577
Charlotte, NC 28210 US
Local to Charlotte, NC area required
Will be a Hybrid Work Smart position.
Reporting to PTC 2 days per week and working from a home office the remainder of the work week.
Candidate will be responsible for the following day to day activities:
- Review Bill of Materials for data accuracy and procurement (order) of the materials that are needed for transmission pipeline projects; Day to day tracking of materials; Use of order management tools to provide analytics, parts usage, and BOM reconciliation by project
- Work with Supply Chain warehousing to support staging and management of project specific or inventoried parts; Assist project teams with invoice verification, reconciliation and approval for payment; Will be responsible for handling material order issues such as negotiating parts options between engineering and vendors, Serve as liaison between implementation, engineering, project managers, project controllers and vendors for all project material needs; Support and provide solutions to shipping delays and long lead times; Accounting associated with capital material costing; Manage purchase requisitions, purchase orders, receiving, project transfers, inventory transfers, invoice reconciliation.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills necessary to initiate and complete routine aspects of natural gas pipeline project procurement with general oversight for our Project Management Office (PMO). Knowledge of gas or petroleum pipeline parts is required. Power generation parts knowledge can be considered as alternative.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Transactional ownership of all Procure to Pay (P2P) processes for transmission pipeline projects
• Review of Bill of Materials parts and quotes
• Purchase requisitions for project parts, material, and construction services
• Project material tracking and expediting
• Invoice transaction and cost management
• G/L accounting assignment
• Negotiation of lead times and options when shortages arise
• Vendor management support
• Manufacturer’s item cataloging and Item Master management and support
• Support Clients Logistics and vendor logistics partners
• Provide Cross functional support to Engineering, Supply Chain Buyers, Sourcing, Warehousing, Project Managers, Project Controllers, Accounts Payable
- Graduation from a four-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or similar degree. 10 years related work experience is also acceptable.
- Candidate will be responsible for ensuring proper, accurate, and timely ordering of Engineered Natural Gas steel pipeline parts and materials.
- The candidate must be able to apply deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills to ensure appropriate actions are performed for any project material challenges.
• Maximo or equivalent EAM or ERP purchasing system is required
• Execution of Purchase Requisitions and or Purchase Orders
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel – VLOOKUP and pivot tables required
• People Soft, Ariba, CAPs, or other invoice payment system
• Microsoft SharePoint
• Microsoft Teams
• Intermediate level of inventory techniques and systems
• Technical aptitude to understand highly engineered parts and drawings
If you have had any responsibility for or participation in judicial, administrative, regulatory or other oversight proceedings involving the client or any of its affiliates, please identify the agency or department, the dates of your employment, and the nature of your responsibilities, including a list of any proceedings involving the client or any of its affiliates. NOTE: Only answer this question if you have worked with the government or other agency involved with client oversight.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."