Ayer, MA 01432
This is a Split Shift position, 9:30 am – 6:00 pm, Monday thru Friday. Overtime required
- The Packer will fill orders and issues parts from stock.
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance.
- Complies and maintains records of quantity, type and value of materials and stocked supplies.
- Counts material and supplies in stock, posts totals to inventory records, verifies recorded counts against physical counts, and reports discrepancies.
- Prepares list of depleted items.
- Reads shipping notices, and other specifications.
- Inspects product to determine size and shape of container, materials to be used, and types of supports and brace to be used.
- Lays out dimensions and uses saw to cut materials to size.
- Assembles materials with nail gun and drill, bolts heavy pieces to bottom of container or skid.
- Builds crate around large or odd shaped articles, wraps and pads product with packing material.
- Attaches identification labels or stencils containing such information as shipping destination, weight and product content on crate.
- Complies with daily production requirements to meet specified delivery dates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must possess an exceptional work ethic and work from written procedures and verbal instructions with minimal supervision.
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs. is required
- Experience in inventory and recording
- Experienced in reading and interpreting blueprints and shipping instructions
- Fork Lift experience and ability to pass and maintain site fork lift licensure/requirements
- Excellent math skills
- English language skills required
- Crating or light carpentry skills
- Experience using hand tools, staple guns, shipping and packaging equipment
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Wendy Wofford has been an onsite recruiter with HKA over three years. She specializes in light industrial and craft recruiting. Her best advice to candidates is to "keep your resume updated, simple, and be honest." The best way to contact Wendy is via text.