Windsor, CT 06095
- The Material Handler will be responsible for performing a variety of shipping/receiving functions. Drives van or flatbed to transport materials.
- Receives, stores, maintains stock records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Prepares items for shipment, loads and unloads trucks, moves material using forklift and overhead crane.
- Verifies product and quantity going into stock, puts product in correct locations
- Prioritizes orders to be filled, fills orders verifying product and quantities are correct and routes orders to appropriate processing area
- Verifies product to be packaged is correct, packages product in appropriate quantities and containers and labels bags/boxes/crates.
- Verifies product matches order to ship, packages order to prevent damage during shipment, ships order using appropriate shipping lines.
- Required to drive company flatbed and/or van to transport materials to customers and/or vendors.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required and/or directed within own or other work areas.
- High School diploma, GED required.
- Over 1 year experience required
- Ability to understand and apply instructions furnished in writing or oral.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide accurately and efficiently.
- Must pass forklift training and maintain forklift certification.
- Ability to solve problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Must possess a clean driving record and obtain a valid DOT Medical card or be able to pass a DOT physical to obtain a DOT Medical card to drive company flatbed.
- Requires lifting ability of up to 80 pounds, with frequent lifting of 40-60 pounds.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.