Duncan, SC 29334
Performs manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and delivering a variety of materials, equipment and supplies.
- Clears rack first in the mornings of material which has been delivered from receiving and machine shop. Processes transactions and puts parts into stock and put kit shortages into the kits.
- Picks kits released for the month by the planner. Keeps a list with locations for each kit for filling kit shortages. Kit shortages are filled daily as the shortages arrive.
- After reviewing where the parts are used, assigns a new default location to parts that have not been stocked before by picking an empty location in the carousels, on racks or in cells where they will be used. Transfers to MM-15 (Bulk Storage) if the parts are too large or if there are too many to fit in the carousel.
- Handles cycle counts sheets that are generated by accounting each day and monthly cycle counts at the beginning of the month.. If parts counts are short or over, they are counted again and researched before processing.
- Expedites parts from receiving that assembly techs need immediately. Writes Unplanned Issue ticket for quantity needed and leaves it with the balance of the parts in receiving if they are waiting for QA inspection.
- Makes stock adjustments when necessary. Reviews audit screens for transactions, checks physical locations including old locations and any picked kits to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Picks, bags, labels and processes paperwork for items on the Available to Ship (COPS Pick List) each month. New York City orders require labels and specific quantities per bag for each part number. Picks and processes paperwork for items to ship as requested by Purchasing Agents.
- Processes rejected material into RJ-WIP after QA representative writes the reject ticket. The material is transferred to the WIP reject rack in assembly. After QA representative and Manufacturing Engineer do MRB each week, they give the blue copy of the tickets to the Material Handlers and they process the transfer from RJ-WIP to RJ or scraps the parts depending on the disposition of the parts and take the blue tickets to Leah Bailey in QA. The parts are then moved to RJ in receiving or the dispositioned location on the ticket.
- Faxes Kanban cards to vendors and makes sure the vendors verify back that they received the fax and that they can ship the requested quantity on time. B and C items are faxed to the vendors monthly for the quantity needed and the A items are faxed weekly. Keeps a list of all Kanban items with the status or keeps the Kanban cards on a board in the assembly area. Expedites from the vendors when the parts are not here on the requested date. The Material Handler notifies the Purchasing Agent if they have a problem with deliveries.
- Dispositions parts required to be modified or scrapped per ECRN’s. If parts need to be modified, they are put on a reject ticket and if they need to be scrapped, they are scrapped per the ECRN.
- Processes transactions for Unplanned Issue tickets daily.
- Reviews the Negative on Hand report and makes corrections weekly.
- Spends a lot of time re-checking shortages for assembly techs.
- Keeps the area around the desk and racks clean and organized. (5S)
- Builds in assembly as required. Preps purchased parts and assemblies for paint.
- Refills stock bins in cells, backflush areas or Kanban areas on the assembly floor.
- Miscellaneous shippers are picked, packed and taken to shipping or to a vendor pick-up area for outside processes as requested.
- Drives fork truck to move kits to a location after they are picked or to move them to the floor when they are ready to be built and to move kits and assemblies to shipping when they are ready.
- Packs and processes paperwork for kits and assemblies when they are ready to go to shipping. Processes shipping paperwork for assemblies when planner schedulers are not available.
- Trains new pickers to pick kits and on the computer to process transactions.
- Processes stock returns.
- Material Handlers will be trained for other duties as required.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.