Material Handler 187882
Tucson, AZ 85747 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
- Responsible for maintaining receipts, records and withdrawals of the stockroom
- Receive, unload and shelve supplies
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, and labeling supplies
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
- Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Maintain min/max quantities for critical spares
- Kit and issue material, parts and shop supplies for jobs
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Coordinate handling of freight, movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs
- Recommend improvements and modifications to design, equipment selection, procedures, process and equipment to standardize and optimize inventory stock requirements.
- Comply with all established safety rules, company policies, and procedures.
- Assist in identifying and maintaining an adequate supply of spare parts in a cost-efficient manner.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and prints, ability to do various forms of paperwork (written), possess adequate math skills commensurate with the requirements of the trade.
- Complies and reports non-compliance with OMI and Project Policies and Procedures
- Prepares required reports and maintains complete record keeping procedures
- Monitors, utilizes and modifies the CMMS system to assure maximum effectiveness; provides required and appropriate documentation and maintains inventory.
- Attends and conducts meetings and training sessions pertaining to safety, process control, etc
- Maintains clean, orderly and hazard-free work areas.
- Informs supervision of needs and/or changes required to keep store room in a safe and well-maintained condition.
- Maintains discipline and ensures proper procedures are followed
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Performs other duties as required
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management systems such as Computerized maintenance management System (CMMS).
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Skills to operate common office equipment
- 2+ years of experience in warehouse inventory management including; storekeeping, inventory control, and recordkeeping within a computerized system.
- Competency of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, CMMS and data management systems
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dillon joined our team in April of 2020, and has been one of our lead craft recruiters here at HKA. Funny, diligent, and a great support system for his clients and potential candidates, Dillon thrives on making sure he brings 110% everyday.