Glendale Heights, IL 60139
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Manufacturing Maintenance/Maintenance Manager
- The Manager will develop, manage and maximize a maintenance program and work order system to maximize plant performance.
- Provide direction to maintenance planner for preventive maintenance, work order schedule, and for optimized parts inventory management.
- Provide direction to two shift supervisors to communicate expectations and monitor work of mechanic leads and teams effectively.
- Develop and maximize the use of the predictive maintenance (PdM) program.
- Provide technical support for efficient troubleshooting/problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies limit downtime.
- Review with production and support departments all line, processes, and utilities critical to the business and those whose failure can have impact on safety, employee safety, food safety, environment or compliance with the law.
- Propose and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in accordance with best practices.
- Effectively communicate results and action plans to appropriate employees and managers; collaborate directly with Human Resources to insure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
- Collaborate with management and finance to create and execute a maintenance and capital budget to insure financial allocations and obligations are set, managed and met; analyze and drive value-added and sustainable improvements; manage department costs within budget.
- Perform analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime/inefficient operational issues.
- Manage contracted service providers.
- Manage facility and grounds such that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) are adhered to and a professional appearance is maintained.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded; Comply with Company and Federal/State/Local procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrate the highest level of teamwork and customer service, supporting and guiding peer departments and striving always for consistent uptime and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with preference given to degree in Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years demonstrated department management (coaching and people leadership) experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting running at consistently high capacity; experience in food manufacturing preferred but is not required.
- Proven experience creating, implementing and managing to a predictive maintenance program.
- Strong leadership skills; demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Superior business planning acumen.
- Exceptional ability to think and solve problems on his/her feet when limited facts are available.
- Demonstrated skills to self-start and thrive within ambiguity and make sound decisions when limited facts are available.
- Skilled at explaining maintenance content in a compelling way to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to self-prioritize and effectively perform in a fast-paced environment loaded with competing priorities.
- Able to convey his/her approach to tracking the performance of a maintenance function.
- Able to balance the ideal with relentless focus on practical realities and overall business success.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present presentations to senior level executives.
- Strong communication skills; ability to successfully interact with diverse personalities at all levels in a multi-cultural, team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical skills including computer-based systems, mechanical, electrical, PC & PLC controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyor systems, preventative maintenance, and design.
- Solid organizational, analytical, problem solving and follow up skills.
- Knowledgeable in applicable regulatory compliance (OSHA, USDA, etc.).
- Ability to develop and communicate clear instructions, procedures and processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Solid mathematical skills; basic financial and statistical skills and understanding.
- Working knowledge of ammonia system management.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Must currently live within a commutable distance to the Company facility or be willing to relocate. Relocation assistance is available.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.