Paris, IL 61944
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Manufacturing Engineer
- The Manufacturing Engineer plans, designs, and implements assembly processes, ensures new product designs can be manufactured, and maintains the assembly processes in production.
- Provides day-to-day technical support for the assembly process in the plant.
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing assembly line layouts, workflow, assembly methods, changeover-fixturing, gauges, work-in-process (WIP) storage, and tool storage.
- Develops Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) requirements, including Process Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Process Flow Charts, and Process Design Sheets.
- Leads and participates in activities to build prototype and pre-production sample part and distributes internal Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR).
- Supports Program Management generated project macro-schedules with detailed engineering micro-schedules to ensure that all project milestones are tracked and completed on time.
- Identifies Value Engineering/Value Analysis (VE/VA) ideas and standard parts to be implemented into new product designs.
- Works with Supplier Quality Engineering to localize foreign components prior to Start of Production
- Identifies process equipment load requirements, tooling and equipment requirements, and the need to implement new processes, and communicates to all appropriate internal team members.
- Ensures that the “20 Tools of Process Control” are created, accurate and posted in their respective areas at each process and provides training on the processes to the assembly personnel.
- Addresses internal and external customer complaints, conducts investigations, develops root cause analysis, determines countermeasures, and documents.
- Leads and/or participates in continuous improvement activities targeted to facilitate improvements in quality, productivity, and safety; and reductions in scrap and machine downtime.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology, or a related discipline
- 2 to 4 years of related manufacturing experience (experience in a Just in Time (JIT) automotive manufacturing environment is preferred)
- Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas: a. Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills in standard business software (including MS Office programs)
- Written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills — to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.