Buffalo, NY 14227
- The Manufacturing Engineer will support the manufacturing operations of the facility and administer the development and implementation of capital investments, efficient processes, with fair and equitable standards for maximum utilization of equipment, facilities, and people to increase the facilities profitability and competitiveness.
- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and customer requirements, prepare routings outlining optimum manufacturing instructions, procedures, tooling and standard costs.
- Perform cost estimates as requested. Work with purchasing and outside suppliers to generate accurate cost estimates, component, and material and process lead-time.
- Create and maintain Standard Cost (Data) files, Welding WPS/PQR files, ISO procedures and other Facility documentation and records as required.
- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings referring to in-house capabilities, prepare and/or request CNC programs, tooling, fixtures, procedures or work instructions and generate as required.
- Interface with and train factory operators as required to optimize processes.
- Prepare capital and expense budget proposals, cost analysis, appropriation requests, equipment requirements, process specifications and pant layouts to support business goals and VBLSS projects.
- Interact with all departments to resolve manufacturing issues and serve on committees and teams as requested.
- Investigate and resolve production, quality, equipment, maintenance and/or tooling problems. Investigate and communicate new technology, equipment and manufacturing innovations.
- Perform miscellaneous assignments and/or projects as directed.
- Analyze existing equipment and performance to provide recommendations for needed capacity, efficiency, customer service, quality and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing related major BSIE, BSME, BSIT, BSMT
- Five to Ten years’ experience within a manufacturing industry that does machining, assembly and welding.
- Must possess good analytical and technical skills
- Must possess good communication skills (written and oral)
- Must have a good working knowledge of entire manufacturing processes
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing Certifications preferred
- CNC and Robotic Welding programming experience
- AS400 Business System Knowledge
- 3D Software knowledge
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.