Manager, Op Ex & Quality
Broken Arrow, OK 74011
The Manager, Op Ex & Quality is responsible for the maintenance, development and administration of all quality assurance systems of the company with a focus on Op Ex. This position manages Continuous Improvement (CI) activities at the facility, reporting directly to the site leader. Key activities include kaizen events, CI process integration, application of lean tools, change management, providing training in those areas as well as over-seeing all quality aspects of the performance center, which are critical to the day-to-day functioning of the company.
- Responsible for all of quality. Quality assurance, quality control and quality improvement.
- Ensures that Lean 6-Sigma principles and concepts are applied throughout the performance center. Including Current State, Future State Value Stream Mapping, One Piece Flow, Cellular Manufacturing, Kanban, Pull Systems, SMED or Quick Changeover, Design for Lean, Waste Removal, Visual Controls, OEE, Standard Work, Pareto, ABC Analysis, Rule-in/Rule-out RCA, 5 Whys, 80/20, DOE, DMAIC, A3, 6S, and Poke-Yoke.
- Responsible for the development, evaluation, maintenance and sustainment, of the quality system including but not limited to the quality manual in accordance with AS9100, NADCAP, customer audits, internal audits and other customer quality documents.
- Identifies and prioritizes opportunities through data analysis.
- Represents Quality for the management team and has decision authority for quality issues.
- Coordinates QMAT Process Improvements
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in the work area.
Required Skills & Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies and abilities to perform this role successfully.
- Knowledge of aerospace company specs and practices, particularly Boeing.
- Computer knowledge and skills, i.e. MS Word and Excel.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and process thinking capability.
- Proficiency in ERP systems, Minitab, MS Access desirable.
- Capable of multitasking, managing numerous projects and meeting deadlines as required.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient with root cause analyses to ensure future success of the Organization.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required
- 5 yrs exp as quality engineer in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Exp participating in kaizen events and managing projects required
- 6 Sigma Greenbelt and/or Lean Certifications preferred
- Experience with ISO or derivative quality systems preferred
- Proficient at reading drawings and engineering data.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.