Maintenance Mechanic Technician 188029
San Leandro, CA 94577 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Maintenance Mechanic (Technician): Responsible for repairing and maintaining complex machinery and mechanical components along with electrical equipment for manufacturing. This position supports the operations and maintenance team to ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. In addition, the Maintenance Mechanic must have the ability to work independently in the performance of maintenance and repairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform preventive, predictive, and routine maintenance on production equipment.
- Troubleshooting issues and repair failures of production equipment.
- Electrical repairs, replacement of fluorescent lamps, ballast, fuses, and knowledge of multi-meter test equipment.
- Capable of operating a forklift and man lift
- Ability to weld in a safe and knowledgeable manner.
- Support operation with analyzing deviations and definition of machine related corrective actions.
- Continuous Improvement and process stability (e.g., 6S and Preventive Maintenance, etc.).
- Support all aspects of building maintenance/routine shop preventive maintenance as needed.
- Monitor and maintain environmental, health and safety equipment and systems for both production and non-production equipment as directed.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Maintains safe work area, uses personal protective equipment, follows safety protocols
- Ability to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead and bend to the floor.
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or Exert 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or Exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Participate in training as required
- Executes duties as assigned by supervisor
Work Environment While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving Mechanical parts in a plant setting. High noise levels from operating machines Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts Breathing fumes, dust, and mist Skin exposure to oils, cutting fluid and cleaning solutions
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge of OSHA standards: Lock Out/Tag Out, Hazard Communication, Forklift Certified, NFPA 70E Arc Flash (electrical safety)
- Capable of using measuring tools: Micrometer, dial caliper, Electrical Multi-Meter etc.
- Basic Computer skills
- 5 years knowledge as a multi-craft technician in the following fields: Mechanics, Electrical, Hydraulics, Pneumatics. Strong preventive maintenance background.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings (e.g., blueprints, manuals, wiring diagrams.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.