Machine Design Engineer
Auburn, NY 13021
- The Machine Design Engineer will participate as a member of the Engineering team, working to design custom manufacturing equipment for testing and assembling of centrifugal and multi-stage pumps.
- Will work within a cross functional team, including representatives from Production, Product Design, Manufacturing Engineering, Controls Engineering, and outside vendors.
- Perform mechanical system design in support of custom test and assembly equipment.
- Use project management skills to implement turnkey designs for new assembly and test equipment.
- Design fixtures, tools, and processes for safe and efficient manufacture, in-process inspection, and test of products.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources (suppliers) to manage system builds and ensure timelines and performance criteria are met.
- Coordinate with Controls group during design and start up phases of projects.
- Provide general engineering and CAD support to the machine build shop as required.
- Provide support during run-off phase of machine build projects.
- Design manufacturing equipment by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by considering space requirements and floor layout.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- 3 years minimum of 3D CAD design experience (Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks)
- Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor (or Solidworks) and AutoCAD
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and skills.
- Knowledge of automation, controls, pneumatics, and pipe design is a plus
- General familiarity with technology commonly used in manufacturing systems.
- Must be able to develop new equipment from concept through launch.
- Creative ability to conceptualize early on in a project
- Basic knowledge of machining practices and how part tolerances affect machining requirements and cost.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of material properties (machinability, weldability, heat treatment, corrosion resistance, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques – Kaizen, 5S, VSM, Standard Work, continuous flow manufacturing, error-proofing, SMED, 5S
- experience as a Manufacturing Engineer is a plus.
- Ability to work productively, maintain project timelines, and within a project budget
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel
- Must be proficient in 3D Modeling, Machine Design, and creating prints.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.