Life Insurance Business Analyst
New Haven, CT US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Position Fully remote within US, no 3rd party submissions or C2C will be considered
The Sr. Business Analyst elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the needs of business stakeholders. This includes understanding, documenting, and evaluating business processes through interviewing stakeholders. The Sr. Business Analyst elicits, gathers compiles and documents user requirements and translates them into functional requirements for technology solutions with an eye to improving processes and systems, enhancing their sustainability, and delivering maximum return on investment. The Sr. Business Analyst must have a thorough understanding of the business, functional, and technical aspects of the applications used within the portfolio they support.
- Evaluate business processes anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and eliciting requirements for change.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving
- these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate this back to the business stakeholders.
- Prepare effort estimation.
- Perform requirements analysis. Document and Communicate the results of the analysis.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/the project team.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to business owner(s), developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Select, adopt and adapt appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, conducting of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Collaborate with ITS teams and business partners to evaluate and prioritize work.
- Triage and analyze incidents and problems. Provide clear analysis results including business impact.
- Assist test analyst(s) with testing duties as necessary.
- On-Call and/or after-hours work required.
- 5 – 7 years experience working with Life & Annuity Insurance
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent documentation skills
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Exceptional analytical and statistical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products as required
- Ability to translate business requirements of packaged solutions
- Ability to research and understand packaged solution upgrades both minor and major. Translates the technical upgrade documentation into business terms the end-user can understand to make decision on. Makes recommendation on these upgrades.
- Experience in in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid environments
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts
- Effectively participates in teams and moves the team toward completion of goals
- Basic Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud applications, web services, server-side components and APIs
- Data analysis skills including ability to perform ad hoc SQL queries
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint Visio and Outlook
Education and Experience Qualifications
- BS or BA with emphasis in computer science, information systems or business administration
- 7-10 or more years related work experience as a business analyst
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.