Lead Wastewater Operator
Prescott Valley, AZ 86312
- The Operator performs and oversees a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a Waste water Treatment Plant and Collections System including compliance reporting, maintenance of equipment, quality control/testing and assigning/performing day-to-day activities on an assigned shift.
- Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of waste water, sludge, and effluent.
- Executes and coordinates all Compliance Monitoring and Reporting.
- Monitors, records and operates the Waste water Treatment Plant, Recharge and Lift Station SCADA System.
- Executes and coordinates all contractually required Collections Cleaning, Sewer Main Camera Work and Storm Drain Cleaning.
- Operates and maintains 10 Waste water Lift Stations with the assistance of the Collections and Maintenance Departments.
- Creates and submits all required client requested reports.
- Schedules the Waste water staff when required by the Operations Supervisor.
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings
- Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control
- Starts and stops pump, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
- Makes operating decisions in absence of supervisory personnel
- Performs on call duties for the Waste water Treatment Department and other departments upon request
- Performs other duties as required
High school diploma or GED
ADEQ/ABC Wastewater Treatment Level 2 Certification with the ability to obtain a Level 3 within 1 year.
ADEQ/ABC Collections Level 2 Certification.
Minimum of four years’ experience in Wastewater Treatment or related field.
Knowledge and experience in the principles and practices of Wastewater Treatment Plant operations; operating principles of Sewer Cleaning Equipment (Vactor/Vaccon) and Camera Equipment, general maintenance and operation of Lift Stations; effects and techniques of spill response; safe work practices.
Experience in Compliance Monitoring and Reporting
Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, data management systems and be able to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems.
Possess a valid Class B CDL (or greater) with a tanker endorsement or the ability to obtain within 1 year.
Experience in utilizing CMMS Programs (Maintenance Connect) for preventive and corrective maintenance.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.