Lead Wastewater Operator 188350
Farmington, NM 87401 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our operations and maintenance services, you’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our municipal clients to operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most to them – people.
As a Lead Operator, you’ll join a collaborative team ensuring that our clients can deliver their services – uninterrupted. Based in Farmington, New Mexico, you’ll perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant, leading weekly meetings, directing, assigning, and training team members. You’ll contribute to the success of our program with efficient preventive maintenance, establishing and maintaining effective sample procedures of plant operations and effluent, and providing effective solutions to complex challenges that may arise. You’ll diagnose operating problems, make process control adjustments, direct and perform necessary corrective action. You’ll also prepare reports, collect samples, perform laboratory testing, determine proper chemical flow rates, maintain shift logs and perform other duties as required. Most importantly, you’ll take action to ensure the safety, health and well-being of you and your team.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- State of New Mexico Level 3 Wastewater Operator License required or ability to obtain through reciprocity with 6 months of hire. Must be able to achieve a Level 4 when eligible/within 12 months.
- Four (4) plus years of experience in operating water/wastewater treatment plants
- Experience leading teams and assigning work
- Proficient in the use of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and to enter data into a maintenance management system
- Proficient in the use of plant SCADA systems and software
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- State of New Mexico Level 4 Wastewater Operator License
- Six (6) years of experience operating water/wastewater treatment plants
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools employed in the general operation of engines, pumps, valves, motors, and related equipment; general maintenance work; safe work practices; principles and methods of biological and chemical sewage analyses, effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes, principles of supervision
- Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, data management systems and be able to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Safety is a core value at Jacobs. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. This position will spend a substantial amount of time performing safety sensitive labor or services. Due to the nature of the job passing a Fitness for Duty testing is required to ensure candidates for this position are physically and functionally fit to perform the essential physical work functions of this safety sensitive position without posing a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The physical and environmental demands required to perform the essential duties of this position include standing, walking, sitting, coordination, balance and agility demands, which may include the ability to stoop, kneel, squat, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements. Additional demands may involve a specific level of dexterity, grip strength, climbing and cardiorespiratory demands. The work areas may be indoor, outdoor, have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, and chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.