Lead Mechanic (2nd shift)
Carterville, IL 62918
- The Lead Mechanic will be responsible for trouble-shooting, service, repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Will be responsible for the coordination of daily job assignments, the communication of any maintenance issues to the Branch Manager and covering basic daily operations duties in the Manager's absence.
- Inspect equipment as required to maintain proper function.
- Perform engine diagnostics utilizing Caterpillar ET or John Deere Service Advisor.
- Troubleshoot diesel engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems and pump end issues and repair/rebuild as necessary.
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and servicing as directed on the equipment between each rental.
- Diagnose and report any damage to the Service Manager.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance on company vehicles and shop support equipment as directed (air dryer, chain saws, lifts, etc.).
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3-5 years of experience and/or training or combination of education, training
- Ability to diagnose complex mechanical and electrical issues
- Advanced knowledge and experience with diesel engine repairs
- Thorough understanding of the methods, materials, tools and techniques used in equipment repair and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment
- Experience with Tier 4 diesel engine repairs and maintenance preferred
- Proficiency with Caterpillar ET and John Deere Service Advisor diagnostic tools
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.