Lawn Maintenance Worker
Union City, GA 30291
- The Worker performs public works tasks involving the maintenance and repair of city streets, sidewalks, rights-of-way, ditch and canals on an assigned shift.
- Cleans vehicles, heavy equipment, tools, and other stationary and portable equipment
- Performs routine inspection of vehicles and equipment; performs minor maintenance and lubrication of machinery such as changing oil and greasing equipment
- Maintains grounds and buildings: cuts grass, weeds, and brush; trims trees and bushes; rakes grass, leaves and trash; seeds and cares for lawns and ornamental plantings
- Operates and maintains vehicles, equipment and tools required to load, unload, haul, and spread sand, gravel, dirt, etc.; digs and refills ditches and trenches
- Carries or holds materials, supplies, and tools to assist operations and maintenance personnel
- Maintains records to accurately reflect pounds of materials hauled by private contractors or applied to agricultural lands
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge in the operation and maintenance of vehicles, equipment, farm machinery, pumps and equipment
- Familiarity with hand and power tools and equipment commonly used in the maintenance of vehicles, equipment, structures, and buildings
- Knowledgeable in safe work practices related to machinery and equipment in the street department
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.