Land Site Planner 187762
Cincinnati, OH 45202 US
Local to Cincinnati, OH or Plainfield, IN required
Responsibilities and Duties:
• This position provides guidance and leadership to ensure consistent practices in siting and routing transmission facilities and also ensures consistent filings for these facilities. This position works under consultative direction toward predetermined goals and objectives.
• Acts as a siting and routing subject matter expert and provides specialized technical expertise and judgment to resolve complex siting issues.
• Ability to potentially works independently under consultative direction. Works with wide latitude to plan, conduct and direct work on complex projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches. Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Assignments are self-initiated.
• Provides leadership in developing and maintaining procedures and programs to ensure new facilities comply with applicable laws and regulations. Strives to continually develop and improve expert technical knowledge and skill to ensure that department expectations are met.
• Represents the Company in public meetings required for a wide range of regulatory entitlements, local land use approvals and other presentation opportunities including project workshops and open houses. (Internal Siting Leadership approval required).
• Applies advanced knowledge of multiple disciplines while working across a number of functional areas to obtain results on major projects. Participates as a recognized expert in Siting issues.
• Strives to continually develop and improve technical knowledge and skill to ensure that department expectations are met.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Geography, Planning or other related field of study
• Minimum of 10 years of job-related experience, Geotechnical/GIS experience
• Environmental Background, with locating gas, water, sewer lines experience
• Cell tower background for locating land and areas to put Cell towers
• Ten (10) years of experience siting/routing infrastructure projects or supporting land development permitting within multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
• Demonstrates ability to successfully influence outcome with a high level of collaboration.
• Demonstrates ability to manage/lead personnel from diverse groups working toward a common goal or objective.
• Advanced degree in a related field.
• Program/project management process understanding and project task coordination experience especially in the areas of scope development, schedule adherence and budget oversight.
• Experience in public speaking, especially presentations supporting zoning applications, state/federal permits or project open houses; other related examples of effective communication.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."