Twin Falls, ID 83301
- Performs a variety of chemical, biochemical, and bacteriological tests
- Uses laboratory equipment and materials
- Safely and efficiently conducts chemical analyses and makes evaluative conclusions.
- Performs routine computations, maintains records, and prepares reports.
- Understands and carries out oral and written instructions.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Maintains a comprehensive quality assurance program based on the established guidelines.
- Conducts and assists in conducting a variety of chemical, biochemical and bacteriological tests of plant influent and effluent and receiving bodies.
- Analyzes a variety of samples, including digester samples, raw sludge samples.
- Runs tests to determine amounts and degrees of pH, alkalinity, volatile acids, total solids, density, dissolved oxygen, organic material content, coliform bacteria, and residual chlorine.
- May run a variety of chemical and bacteriological tests on industrial wastes.
- Operates a variety of laboratory equipment including pH meters, balances, furnaces, autoclaves, titrators, incubators, and calculators.
- Assists with performing pilot study activities.
- Maintains, cleans and cares for laboratory equipment and material.
- Assists in keeping laboratory records and preparing laboratory reports.
- Collects water, wastewater, gas, and sludge samples for analysis.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of at least twelve semester units in chemistry or bacteriology
- Laboratory certification at the appropriate level when required by the State
- One year of laboratory testing and analysis experience
- Posses a valid driver's license
- One year of experience with knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and related experiences
- Procedures and materials used in chemical, biochemical, and bacteriological tests and analyses
- Laboratory safety and equipment and material care and maintenance
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of biological and chemical sewage analyses, effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes
- Proficient in the use of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and to enter data into a maintenance management system
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.