Junior Level Structural Designer
Findley Township, PA 15275
- The Junior-Level Structural Designer will be part of a fast-paced team focused on designing Advanced Facilities such steel mills, iron ore production facilities, and similar state of the art industrial manufacturing structures.
- Working with other designers and engineers of the multi-discipline team will be conveying structural requirements to the construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models.
- Will work under direction of more senior designers and engineers to develop design concepts, create models from scratch, and coordinate designs to consider existing conditions and other disciplines.
- Will create conceptual structural models based on verbal direction or rough sketches
- Will coordinate work with related disciplines to resolve problems and avoid clashes
- Will focus on quality, ensuring conformance with established structural standards, project standards, and project delivery processes
- Will perform material take offs to assist with project estimates.
- Will support work for other offices which may include travel
- Will perform field walks, which may include walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years drafting/designer experience in the structural field
- 1-2 years Revit experience
- 1-year AutoCAD experience
- Experience working on traditional steel and concrete structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel (estimated travel time is 0 to 10%)
- Experience in the steel mill and/or iron ore production industry
- Experience in general industrial facilities
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.