Journeyman Maintenace Electrician
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
May work variable shifts and 24 hour on call as required.
- The Electrician will be responsible for priority assessment and decision making as it relates to troubleshooting, diagnostics, assembly, repair, and a proactive maintenance of electrical systems and equipment in a cost effective manner.
- Regularly maintains motors, explosion proof and intrinsically safe electrical systems, variable frequency drives, process logic controllers, generators / uninterruptible power systems, building control systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, and a wide variety of AC/DC industrial electrical applications. (Role specific).
- Will be working within the DP maintenance environment, performing preventive maintenance, modifies, installs, and maintains company power distribution systems and provides customer training in the implementation of those systems in compliance with company standards and procedures and government regulations, some of which are located in and/or support production areas.
- Also provides customer training in the implementation of those systems in compliance with company standards and procedures and government regulations (SOPs, GMPs, GLPs, PSM, etc.).
- Can serve as a maintenance adviser in areas of engineering (process design, material selection, documentation, calibration, testing and problem solving methodology, project scope and follow up).
- Responsible for priority assessment and decision making as it relates to troubleshooting, diagnostics, assembly, repair, and a proactive maintenance of systems and equipment in a cost effective manner.
- Participates in multi-craft work activities as required.
- High school diploma GED plus either an Associate degree or relevant trade school equivalency.
- State of Michigan Electrical Journeyman License
- 3+ years actual, practical working experience as a Journeyman Electrician in the industrial/commercial electrical equipment service industry
- Excellent computer user skills
- Ability to read and interpret Blueprints
- Electrical diagram reading
- Medium voltage experience
- The proper use of the correct Personal Protective Equipment for each task as well as compliance with all applicable safety Standard Procedures is a must.
- Must pass aseptic gowning qualification
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Director of Recruiting
Anne Cleveland is the Director of Recruiting at HKA Enterprises. She specializes in recruiting for the pharmaceutical and power industries. Anne's advice to job seekers is "avoid having your resume fall into a black hole after applying by following up your online application with a quick phone call, text, or email directly to the recruiter listed on the job posting." The best way to reach Anne is via text or email.