Pembroke Pnes, FL 33027 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA
HKA Enterprises is unable to support C2C. 3rd party submissions and C2C requests will not be considered for any positions
MECHANIC I - WATER/WASTEWATER TREATMENT FACILITY
• Perform scheduled maintenance on wastewater and water plant equipment, piping, electrical components, and structures.
• Assist in repair and/or replacement of water and wastewater plant motors, pumps, and associated equipment.
• Assist electrician in repair and/or replacement of electrical motors, panels, and components.
• Correctly diagnose equipment failure problems and be able to instigate proper repair procedures.
• Work within confined spaces such as sewage/water equipment tanks.
• Operate and maintain equipment in accordance with manufacturer instructions.
• Knowledge and skill to operate the necessary equipment and troubleshooting aids for failures at water and wastewater plant sites on but not limited to pumps, motors, process equipment, and electrical components and generating associated reports using laptop or desktop computers.
• Knowledge and ability to use a laptop or desktop computer to operate an electronic work order and asset management system as it relates to maintenance and repair of water and wastewater plant facilities and its associated equipment.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Must be able to adequately perform periodic heavy manual labor under adverse conditions.
• Must have dependable safety and work record.
• Must have valid driver’s License.
• Must have at least three years’ experience maintaining and troubleshooting motors of 10 HP or higher, repairing/replacing various types of valves and pumps.
• Knowledge of occupational safety rules and practices as they relate to confined spaces and mechanical equipment; and ability to perform strenuous work in variety of adverse conditions including confined spaces.
• Ability to both understand and communicate oral and written instructions.
• Ability to investigate, interpret, and complete work order forms.
• Knowledge of scope and function of different types of Plant equipment.
• Ability to work with the public and fellow employees in a professional and effective manner.
• Ability to read and comprehend work orders, equipment/tool manuals, safety manuals, computer screen, computer print outs, and other printed and/or written material as it relates to the job.
• Ability to understand and comprehend electrical schematic/utility drawings as they relate to lift stations, water plants and sewage treatment facilities.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.