Smyrna, TN 37167
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring an Industrial Engineer
- The Engineer will be responsible for the creation of layout drawings of all US facilities to incorporate facility, equipment, inventory, and support areas for future model planning.
- Study existing facilities and develop plans to optimize material flow.
- Propose and secure approval for new standards as needed for facility layouts.
- Study material flow into and out of all manufacturing processes and lead cross functional meetings to develop and secure approval for layouts from production and management teams.
- Identify storage locations for finished goods, purchased parts, work-in-process parts, blanks, coils, fixtures, and dies for current and new model programs.
- Maintain database location information in IT systems to ensure internal labeling system accuracy, and document all changes using company processes.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Program Management teams to study and forecast future floorspace requirements for new programs.
- Identify space constraints and work in cross functional teams to develop and implement countermeasures or facility expansion plans as required for future growth.
- Support Program Management team activities as needed to facilitate packaging validation, design change coordination, production trials, trial shipment preparation, and general launch readiness activities at all company US sites.
- Engineering Degree or 5 years equivalent Experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- English language skills required
- Must be able to travel to all US manufacturing sites as needed
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Knowledge of material flow in manufacturing environments
- Knowledge of material flow optimization and lean manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of value stream analysis and process flow diagram development
- Knowledge of process analysis and calculation of staffing requirements
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience creating and editing facility layouts in AutoCAD
- Experience working with manufacturing personnel to develop standards and optimize processes to improve quality, efficiency, and ergonomics.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.