Trumbull, CT 06611
Aerospace and Defense Technical is hiring an Indirect Buyer
- The Buyer Specialist's role will be responsible for the delivery, cost, and quality of their respective repair vendors.
- Maintain open repair orders and issue supplier performance reports as needed
- Negotiate pricing and contractual terms.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance issues.
- Expediting and coordinating material requirements to suppliers for repaired Trumbull components.
- Manage the return and speedy replacement of defective materials.
- Review and qualify new and existing suppliers as needed.
- Supplier surveys may include site visitation involving the auditing of supplier procedures used in the repair of products and services.
- Managing communication with customers related to pricing, contract flow down, civil airworthiness certification, quality and delivery.
- Monitor supplier portal to ensure suppliers are properly maintaining commit dates.
- Manage weekly metrics and goal.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience in working with external vendors and setting performance standards of excellence.
- Strong computer skills MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and SAP ERP System skills.
- Strong analytical skills, business judgment and adaptability skills.
- Communicate effectively with internal/external customers and management using written and or verbal methods as required.
- High level of data analysis and reporting experience
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage and organize multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience with SAP ERP system a plus.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Nancy Boyce is a Sr. Technical Recruiter with over 30 years' experience serving the Aerospace and Engineering industries. Her favorite part of her job is working with a candidate through the whole process of getting them hired and then seeing them become successful in their career path. The best way to contact Nancy is via phone or email