Shelton, CT 06484
Aerospace and Defense Technical is hiring an Indirect Buyer
- The Buyer is responsible for the management of 3rd Party/OEM repairs as well as offload services to execute government contracts for military aircraft.
- This includes PO placement for inducting repairs, obtaining supplier quotes, negotiating and funding repairs.
- Ensures suppliers provide a response in a timely manner upon receiving parts.
- Follows up with respective suppliers to ensure timely repair turnaround time. Mitigate supplier issues if commit dates do not meet the customer need date.
- Supplier relationship management and driving improvement efforts across O&R.
- Management of supplier performance metrics, including: Supplier On-Time Delivery, Repair Turnaround Time, Delivery to Contract, Purchase Price Variance, Purchase Requisition placement, Cost of Poor Quality, etc.
- Management of the overall procurement cycle, including any necessary coordination among programs and various functional support groups, purchase order placement and administration in support of sub-contracts.
- Management of critical, time-sensitive and complex issues including; proposal evaluations, contract documentation, modifications for contract changes. Will assist in the development of subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services.
- Interact in an integrated team environment by coordinating with Programs, Engineering, Legal, USG Customer, Finance, and Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree required
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Nancy Boyce is a Sr. Technical Recruiter with over 30 years' experience serving the Aerospace and Engineering industries. Her favorite part of her job is working with a candidate through the whole process of getting them hired and then seeing them become successful in their career path. The best way to contact Nancy is via phone or email