Implementation Lead IV
St Petersburg, FL 33702 US
*This is for a fall outage*
**Fully onsite, 40 hrs/week with the potential of 10-20 overtime hours/week. **
**Local candidates preferred, if non-local, per diem will be considered**
Participate as a project team member and provide primary construction oversight of installation contractors.
The following list of responsibilities apply:
- Review project scope of works, specifications, and contracts to obtain a good working knowledge of the project prior to installation kick-off.
- Provide input on constructability and past experience.
- Support Installation Kick-off, Pre-Outage Planning, Installation and Outage meetings with project status and updates.
- Confirm with Project Lead that all appropriate permits and state notifications are in place and issued for construction activities to begin.
- Final verification of contractor safety, equipment, and LOTO training and qualifications.
- Work with Project Lead and installation contractor on schedule development.
- Understand Execution Plans and ensure compliance.
- Act as the primary site contact for the installation contractor.
- Perform frequent field observations to ensure project installation success.
- Conduct walk downs of work areas to ensure that all hazard prevention measures are in place prior to allowing installation contractors to begin work.
- Hold Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) as needed for installation contractor as the Contract Work Leader Site Sponsor (Business Unit dependent).
- Review installation contractor time sheets for T&M contracts for accuracy as required (Business Unit dependent).
- Coordinate any Field Changes and Extra Work Authorizations with the Project Lead.
- Monitor and ensure installation contractor compliance with Energy Safety, LOTO, NERC/CIP, FME (foreign material exclusion), and environmental policies.
- Ensure critical lifts are communicated well in advance to station personnel and Project Lead.
- Monitor installation contractors QC program and identify compliance issues (Business Unit dependent).
- Attend daily meetings (as needed) with station management to provide updates and a plan for the week.
- Ensure coordination with Station Representative.
- Participate in weekly planning meetings with station personnel to be coordinated with appropriate planner as required.
- Provide project updates to Project Lead on a daily basis via the daily installation report/log.
- Provide weekly written report to project lead for department weekly report inclusion as necessary.
- Ensure installation contractors understand Emergency Action Plan details prior to starting work.
- Report all events including injuries, first aids, environmental events, near misses, and LOTO violations.
- Assist Project Lead with development of field project punch-list, maintain the punch-list, and ensure that the installation contractor adequately completes the punch-list.
- Ensure installation contractor maintains accurate red line/as built drawings throughout project.
- Maintain electronic log of lessons learned and provide to Project Lead at completion of project.
15+ yrs of related experience and 2 yr associate technical degree or 20+ yrs of experience in lieu of degree
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."