IT Help Desk Support Specialist
San Francisco, CA 94108
Must be able to work after hours / weekends and travel (between old and new California offices), as situations require
- The IT Help Support Specialist will use BMC Footprints to accurately document, prioritize & track requests.
- Install, diagnose problems, repair, maintain, and upgrade all PC hardware, software, and equipment to ensure optimal performance
- Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where needed
- Assist in preparing, maintaining and upholding procedures for logging, reporting and statistically monitoring desktop operations
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, network cards and other components and equipment
- Train and orient staff on use of hardware, software, and IT policy and procedures
- Work with vendor support to resolve technical problems with desktop equipment and software
- Associate degree in computer science or higher
- 2-3 years of enterprise IT experience.
- Technical Knowledge of PC hardware.
- Specific knowledge of hardware including Dell Workstations, Lenovo Laptops, HP Printers, Kyocera Copiers, Oce Plotters, Android and iOS handheld devices a plus.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7\10 and Microsoft Office 2016.
- Knowledge of CAD/BIM applications (Autodesk and MicroStation products) a plus.
- Effective interpersonal, relationship-building and written/oral communication skills.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.