San Jose, CA 95112 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Position requires to be local to San Jose, CA
We're looking for an Instrument and Controls D iscipline Specialist (Intermediate Level) who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including state of the art semiconductor facilities, industrial and commercial facilities. Working with other members of our team of Jacobs staff, you will install, program and commission facility control systems for semiconductor manufacturing tools, in support of new construction and retrofit projects. You’ll also provide on-site assistance during equipment startup and coordinate work activities with other staff members. You’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. Your role keeps our company connected and we’ll support you with what you need to be successful.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Vocational degree with focus in Instrumentation and Controls application from an industry recognized technical institute.
• Minimum 4 Years of experience working with Instrumentation and Control
• Working knowledge and experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
• Working knowledge of PLC programming and controls applications.
• Working knowledge and experience working with HMI Programming and screen development.
• Working knowledge of the symbols and standard practices used in Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) with ISA Instrumentation Symbols and Identification tags.
• Considerable knowledge and experience with analog, digital and relay field wiring and troubleshooting of devices and PLC hardware.
• Understanding of the concepts and principles of electronic and pneumatic process controls.
• Knowledge and understanding with ability to specify instrumentation, valves, electronic pressure, level, temperature, PID controllers and other "smart" transmitters.
• Knowledge of the principles of operations, terminology, safety considerations and applications for common analytical instruments.
• Ability to keep records, manage multiple demanding project schedules, prepare accurate reports, and demonstrate communication skills, interpret varied instrumentation and engineering diagrams, specifications, and schematics.
• Ability to maintain harmonious relations with other employees and vendors.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering.
• Engineer in Training (EIT)
• 3+ years: PLC programming experience
• 5+ years: HMI programming experience
• Preference provided to knowledgeable applicants with Allen Bradley and Emerson (GE) PLCs.
• Preference provided to knowledgeable applicants with GE Cimplicity and/or Ignition SCADA systems including HMI programming and other object-oriented systems.
• Understanding of industrial network design and components such as VLan, subnet and Virtual Machine (VMs).
• Have an understanding in the design of industrial control panels.
• Experience with creating and understanding of Sequence of Operations (SOO) documents
• AutoCAD, latest version
• Knowledge of SQL Server
• Proficient in using Microsoft Suite including MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
• Experience in Semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
• Experience in various aspects of industrial automation, instrumentation, electrical power and building automation system design
• Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
• Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
• Passion for buildings and construction
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.