Metairie, LA 70002
- The Engineer will design, test, install, and maintain automation and control systems for use in chemical manufacturing.
- Will also apply principles and techniques gained within industry wide automation technical competencies to accomplish goals.
- Will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Safety Interlock Systems (SIS) and manage control systems related capital projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Management of systems including DCS, PLC, Burner Management Systems, compressor controls, safety interlocks.
- Implement process automation and control improvement projects.
- Ensure consistency and reliability of control on critical variables, KPIs.
- Develop documentation required for long term maintenance of control systems and facilitate outside technical resources for PMs and break-in service work.
- Maintain critical control documentation – P&IDs, control loops, instrument specification sheets
- Provide instrumentation and process control support during major plant turnarounds (T/A)
- Develop capital job orders for instrument and control projects including associated Management of Change (MOC/PCA) and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering required
- Minimum 5-8 years of industrial experience, preferably with process controls
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers (Logix 500/5000) and FactoryTalk HMI Platforms
- Background having knowledge of major industrial networking protocols, including Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, and OPC DA/AE/HDA
- Understanding of Automation Body of Standards (ISA, IEC, NFPA, API, etc)
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV DCS preferred
- Functional Safety Engineer Certification (TÜV or Exida)
- Bentley Nevada and Compressor Control Systems Support experience
- Experience in developing control system functional design specifications, test plans, and/or participation in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) / Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Knowledge of Industrial Cybersecurity best practices
- Background in Alarm Management improvement project implementation
- Knowledge and background in instrumentation Asset Management Systems
- Experience in HAZOP and Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) methodologies
- Engineer in Training, EIT or Professional Engineer, CSE PE is a plus
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.