Heavy Equipment Operator
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Our client provides all phases of railroad construction and maintenance. We are looking for employees who preferably have experience in railroad construction.
The Track Equipment Operator will have previous experience operating the following equipment; Back hoe, Track hoe, Tripp Machine, CX Spiker, Spike Puller, End Loader, or other heavy equipment as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate specialized heavy equipment
- Perform routine mechanical maintenance to equipment
- Perform light duty mechanical repairs (hoses, fittings, wiring, fuses, etc.)
- Maintain written documentation for the job.
- Ability to meet objectives by managing others.
- Perform maintenance and repair on related equipment as necessary.
- Follow proper safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Instruct and direct others, determine priorities and assign workforce accordingly.
- Inspects and maintains trucks and equipment on a daily basis including but not limited to any attached apparatuses such as boom, hi-rail gear, tools, etc.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures
- Performs daily equipment safety and maintenance checks, making emergency adjustments as necessary and documentation per daily inspection and repairs reports
- Takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects
- Identifies mechanical, electrical and hydraulic repairs needed and coordinates with mechanics to make repairs
- Communicates with direct supervisor on daily production, safety issues, and mechanical repairs
- Drives machines onto truck trailers
- Keeps records of material and equipment usage and problems
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous heavy equipment operating experience, preferably Railroad experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Experience using hand tools, power tools and hydraulic equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow safety requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of safe, efficient use of equipment and tools to perform construction and maintenance tasks.
- Willingness to wear the proper and required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as hard hat, steel toed boots, eye and hear protection and face shields and other PPE required for specific tasks. Must provide own safety-toed boots.
- The ability to communicate in a professional manner with representatives, coworkers and direct supervisor.
- Ability to complete work under time pressure and to maintain composure under the stress of emergency situations.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) the English language
- Bilingual is a plus
- Ability to work a computer or other hand held device for time-keeping, safety and equipment reports and email correspondence.
- Able to distinguish colors- red, blue, green, yellow, hear and distinguish auditory signals.
- Successfully complete and maintain and required safety certification and testing on annual basis.
- Prior to operation of any piece of equipment, operator will be observed and certified for competency and ability.
- Knowledge of FTSS and FRWS and the ability to be Qualified on Authority’s examinations for 49 CFR Part 213.7 of FTSS and the GCOR related to these regulations within four weeks of Start Date.
- Subject to pre-employment background check and motor vehicle report review.
- Subject to pre-employment physical, medical evaluation, and drug screen due to the safety sensitive nature of this position
- Successfully complete and maintain any required safety certification and testing on an annual basis.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet.); uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces over sometimes great distances; frequently climb on/off equipment; climb ladders frequently
- Use hands to perform activities involving grasping, turning holding and pulling
- Able to work in conditions with loud noise, work around heavy/ moving machinery/ bend, walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time
- Exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly
- Available to work a 40 hour work week subject to overtime, on call and alternate shifts that may include weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have good vision (with or without corrective lenses)
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.