Healthcare Retail Director of Marketing
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Healthcare Retail Director of Marketing
- The Director will serve as point-person for developing, implementing, and launching marketing initiatives & activities for Retail Services. This will involve working with horizontal business platforms as well as deployment teams within the healthcare business.
- Ensure best retail practice is gained from and shared with global healthcare business, which operates in 39 countries.
- Maintain good visibility on the P&L for Retail activities, including achieving KPIs and business objectives. A ‘shadow’ P&L will be in place, which the successful candidate will take responsibility for.
- Develop consumer insight data sets, and strategies using combinations of internal and external data. There are insight resources to assist with this.
- Work with business platforms to develop and implement improved POS, consumer apps, loyalty programs: with the objective of improving understanding of consumer behavior and spend, designing programs to respond to clearly identified needs and opportunities.
- Segment, and sub-segment markets and consumers, identifying appropriate target audiences, markets & growth opportunities. Maintain working relationships with GPO’s (as a sales channel) alongside specialist sales personnel.
- Keep a close eye on competitive moves & products in the marketplace, developing rebuttal strategies and working with sales teams to ensure we position specific client propositions in the most advantageous way.
- Research and deliver innovative product, service and commercial model opportunities.
- Guide retail brand and product life cycle, including working with vendors & partners as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with account management, technical sales, and platform teams to continually update our Retail services proposition to meet evolving client and consumer need.
- Work with the VP Clinical Nutrition, and VP Marketing for Patient & Clinical Nutrition to ensure clinical appropriateness of innovations and developments for specific consumer groups.
- Work to extend cover of the proposition beyond traditional acute care environments – including sites away from traditional acute care, as well as take-away and delivery opportunities.
- Work with operational deployment teams, ensure consistent deployment of propositions. Ensure that brand guidelines and standards are developed and implemented effectively. Collect outcomes data to confirm.
- Working alongside deployment teams, design, guide and support field marketing initiatives for the current installed base – driving patronage, margin, etc.
- Take responsibility for pricing initiatives, working with supply chain, operations and deployment teams to utilize various pricing methodologies, driving their implementation through deployment teams.
Strategy / Value Proposition / Segmentation refinement
- Develop new (or) validate existing value proposition for Retail services and ensure relevancy and differentiation. Ensure a data-set is created and maintained, to understand market dynamics, market share, any healthcare specific regulatory measures, competitive positioning, actionable consumer insight, etc.
Business development support
- Develop and deliver digital marketing and sales enablement campaigns using a wide variety of tools and techniques. Work with downstream colleagues in developing sales collateral, case studies, testimonials, etc. to enhance our ability to sell and retain business. Develop data & insight based go to market strategies to drive lead generation.
Thought leadership & market awareness
- Oversee the creation, implementation, and evaluation of marketing activities that drive thought leadership & industry awareness for Retail propositions. Work with Brand, Comms, and PR teams to develop consistent and coherent messaging around Sodexo and Retail services through all appropriate channels. Develop appropriate industry partnerships that position Sodexo as a thought leader in healthcare outcomes related to Retail services & enhance Sodexo’s image/brand.
- Take the lead for IT solutions and digital services that support retail activities, from consumer, client, and business perspectives. Develop additional sales channels, both to hospitals and to consumers. Test and develop new products and services to sit within the overarching proposition.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 10 years of experience in marketing and / or brand management
- Demonstrable experience with all aspects of the marketing mix, including digital, sales enablement, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in retail marketing, channel management, category management, etc.
- Strong influencing & communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation)
- Experience in implementing complex projects with multiple stakeholders in time and budget and at standard
- Familiarity with POS systems, loyalty programs, etc. is a requirement
- Demonstrated experience with concept development and implementation strategies, including connecting the dots to create strong product or services roadmap
- Demonstrated experience working with Sales teams successfully
- Strong planning skills; strong analytical skills; very strong team skills
- Some exposure to consumer insight methodologies and data would be a plus
- Strategy consulting background / Venture Capital
- 7-10 years of experience
- Due Diligences / Business Plan modeling
- Experience in working with Digital / Start-ups environment
- Experience in a similar position (partnerships and / or VC)
- Open-minded, recognized for your creativity and your thoughts “out of the box
- Very good communication style (speaking and writing), influence skills and negotiation skills
- Strong appetite for change and developing growth
- Enthusiastic and dynamic
- Fluent English and French required, a 3rd language is a plus
- International environment
- Willing to travel (minimum 50% of the time)
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.