Hayward, CA 94540
This position will require an on-call rotation.
- The HVAC Technician performs preventative, corrective and predictive maintenance, troubleshoot and service of commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
- Performs tests and analysis of data to assure the proper functioning of equipment and provide recommendations as appropriate.
- Utilizes multiple trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and roofing, HVAC, and other skills as needed to solve maintenance problems.
- Install replacement equipment and parts per manufacturers specifications to honor manufacturers warranties; complete HVACR preventive maintenance in accordance with established standards; troubleshoot, analyze and repair HVACR malfunctions in accordance with EPA established standards
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets, replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed, etc.)
- Performs routine painting, carpentry work, etc., as necessary to maintain our Client’s facilities in like new condition (e.g. repair a hole in dry-wall, prep the area, and match the paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance).
- Performs minor electrical maintenance as allowed without a license within state law requirements (e.g. repair or replacement of fixtures, wall switches, and outlets.
- Replace light bulbs, ballasts and sockets if necessary).
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- HVAC Apprenticeship Program
- 5 - 10 years HVAC experience working on commercial or industrial HVAC equipment /systems.
- EPA universal refrigeration license.
- Specific license and certification requirements listed in Service Level Agreement
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations.
- Knowledge of HVAC and electrical systems.
- Basic mathematical abilities in all units of measure.
- Read blue prints and technical schematics as well as specification manuals.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and communicate work order status via designated business process.
- Ability to use and operate handheld device and business systems or document management
- Database software, including but not limited to Microsoft office, Lotus Notes, MS office (word, Excel).
- Always maintain adequate knowledge of and comply with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and Company safety policies.
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Understands control operation, and sequence of operation for commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
- Must be well organized and keep accurate service and maintenance records.
- Daily local travel between properties.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.