Orlando, FL 32825 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
- Installs, services, and repairs environmental-control systems in office buildings and other commercial/industrial settings, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout.
- Conduct regular and preventive maintenance on HVAC systems, includes cleaning, lubricating, and inspecting components.
- Strong computer skills required for troubleshooting and correcting digital control software.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chasses parts, using metalworking tools. Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools.
- Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threading or hand-threading equipment.
- Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings, Pro-press or unions, solder and brazed joints.
- Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
- Electrically connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Use laser alignment tools, bearing pullers, bearing heaters, for precision maintenance.
- Strong knowledge in chilled water and refrigerant systems.
- Observes pressure and vacuum, gauges, and adjusts controls to ensure proper operation.
- Tests joints and connects for leaks, using gauges or soap and water solution.
- Ability to do minor insulation repairs.
- Replace defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches and fuses, and electrical wiring to repair equipment.
- May install, repair, and service air conditioners, ranging from 5 - 200 tons cooling capacity in buildings.
- Performs other duties as assigned such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, forklift assistance, or General maintenance.
- Jacobs is a prime government contractor providing facilities support services to Lockheed Martin RMS.
- Our support includes facilities maintenance, operations, and environmental services.
- We are looking for a motivated and experienced HVAC II Technicians to join our team!
- Must be a US Citizen.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5+ years HVAC EXPERIENCE
- Must pass Jacobs and Client required background clearance.
- Completion of HVAC vocational training.
- Universal EPA certified.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Subject to background check and drug screening.
- Knowledge using IPAD, or Laptop, ability to use building automated system.
- Ability to read blueprints: mechanical, electrical, plumbing.
- Able to take direction from Plant Mechanical Engineer and work off their directions.
- Industrial HVAC experience with chilled water systems.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.