HVAC Mechanic II 189647
Atlanta, GA 30320 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Shift: 3rd shift (10pm-6am)
The HVAC Tech 2 position responds to reactive HVAC calls by diagnosing and repairing issues related the HVAC system to provide a comfortable environment for the traveling public and airport employees in an industrial/commercial environment. No residential.
Essential Job Functions
- Operates standard HVAC testing equipment and uses HVAC tool applicable to repair and maintain HVAC systems.
- Monitors asset condition, schedules routine inspections, and performs preventative maintenance on exhaust fans, dx units and other related HVAC equipment.
- Attends daily safety trainings and follow all safety directives.
- Completes work order data entry in a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to include describing work tasks and labor hours completed, as well as correctly identifying HVAC and equipment assets and asset location.
- Manages time and prioritizes work orders to ensure that client needs and expectations are met.
- Performs quality repairs that extend the life of the facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of HVAC standards and practices consistent with industry requirements and a good working knowledge of the design, operation, and maintenance of dx units and exhaust fans.
- Familiarity with BMS systems such as Metasys, Insight, Tracer Summit, Honeywell, and ALC 20/20 and have knowledge of repairs required and maintenance of communication bus (N2 and BacNet) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) within HVAC operations and be able to visually confirm the status of VFD operation.
- Good computer, communication, and typing skill.
- Ability to work from lifts and ladders, as well as work in a variety of weather condition.
- Ability to work adjusted schedules during extreme weather events. Weekend, holiday, and alternate shift work may be required to meet client requirements.
- HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Associates degree from 2-year accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience preferred
- Three (3) years’ work experience maintaining and operating HVAC and other equipment in an industrial, commercial or manufacturing environment required - 5 years’ experience is preferred
- Valid driver’s license with ability to be covered by JACOBS liability insurance carrier
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.