HVAC Mechanic (II/2nd shift)
Atlanta, GA 30320
This is a 2nd shift position-2:00 pm-10:00pm
- The HVAC Tech responds to reactive HVAC calls by diagnosing and repairing issues related to the HVAC system.
- Operates standard HVAC testing equipment and uses HVAC tool applicable to repair and maintain HVAC systems.
- Monitors asset condition, schedules routine inspections, and performs maintenance and minor repairs using knowledge of 4-pipe AHUs, VAV and fan coil boxes, pneumatic and DDC controls and their components.
- Completes work order data entry in a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to include describing work tasks and labor hours completed, as well as correctly identifying HVAC and equipment assets and asset locations
- Performs quality repairs that extend the life of the facility
- High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent work experience required
- Associates degree or technical school or equivalent experience preferred
- 3 years’ work experience maintaining and operating HVAC and other equipment in an industrial, commercial or manufacturing environment required
- 5 years’ experience is preferred
- Valid driver’s license with ability to be covered by company’s liability insurance carrier
- Must have an understanding of HVAC standards and practices consistent with industry requirements
- A good working knowledge of the design, operation, and maintenance of chilled water and hot water systems
- Familiarity with BMS systems such as Metasys, Insight, Tracer Summit, Honeywell, and ALC 20/20
- Must have knowledge of repairs required and maintenance of communication bus (N2 and BacNet)
- Familiarity with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) within HVAC operations and be able to visually confirm the status of VFD operations
- Good computer, communication, and typing skills
Ability to work adjusted schedules during extreme weather events.
Weekend, holiday, and alternate shift work may be required to meet client requirements.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Jason McArt has over two years' experience as a Recruiter specializing in Industrial Maintenance. His advice for job seekers is to "tailor your resume for the job you're applying for." His preferred method of contact is email.