HVAC Instrument and Controls Technician-3 (2nd shift)
Atlanta, GA 30320
This is a 2nd shift position
Will require rotation on and off weekends and will require holiday work.
- The Tech 4 position operates as an HVAC Systems Instrumentation and Controls Specialist.
- Will be responsible for performing BAS performance verifications. Running complex reports to analyze system operation.
- Collecting data and entering it into a computerized maintenance management system.
- Monitoring the (JCI Metasys & Honeywell CPO) BAS for alarms and making adjustments and repairs as required.
- Under minimal supervision conduct, repairs and troubleshooting of building automation systems, network, and components.
- Perform point to point checkout commissioning and system diagnostics from system level controllers to end devices.
- Monitor the BAS from network to devices for consistent performance.
- Identify trends that may indicate performance issues and react by resolving issues before they produce discomfort for the client and their customers.
- HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience preferred
- BAS Instrumentation and Controls certification preferred
- 5 years’ work experience maintaining and operating HVAC and other equipment in an industrial, commercial or manufacturing environment required - 7 years’ experience is preferred
- 3 years’ experience with facilities BAS systems, installation, programming, maintaining, troubleshooting, and testing. – 5 years’ experience is preferred.
- Ability to perform high level BAS software and hardware troubleshooting on complex HVAC systems and subsystems including network and controllers
- Familiarity with BAS systems such as Metasys, Siemens, Honeywell, Tritium, Niagra, etc.
- Knowledge of N2 and BACnet protocols is desired
- Good computer, communication, and typing skills
- Strong analytical and diagnostic abilities
- Strong time management skills; Self-starter with ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of BAS network protocols, software, sequence of operations and DDC ladder logic
- Valid driver’s license with ability to be covered by liability insurance carrier
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.