Butte, MT 59701
Will support field activities for ~ 10-month project.
- The Safety Specialist develops plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors safety programs to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations, company and client policies and procedures.
- Ensures contractor pre-qualification documents are in order prior to the start of construction activities.
- Prepares the site orientation training, based on Client requirements.
- Develops the site safety program, based on Client requirements.
- Investigates accidents to determine causes; prepares reports of investigations for use in recommendation of preventive measures and the development of safety programs
- Provides/develops technical safety training (i.e. Beyond Zero)
- Assesses safety and health program performance; identifies trends through data analysis.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Maintain PPE supplies (ordering, performing fall protection equipment inspections)
- Prepares the site safety plan and provides guidance to contractors with the preparation of the daily work plans
- 10 to 15 years of Safety experience
- Training credential for OSHA 30 is preferred.
- OSHA 30 construction experience.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must have a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, concepts in the field.
- Good working knowledge of 29 CFR 1926.
- Knowledge of EPA requirements, as they pertain to site construction activities.
- Local candidates preferred
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.