General Maintenance Technician 187919
Atlanta, GA 30320 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
The door technician position with the AAT project requires good trouble-shooting, repair, and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be organized, self-motivated and will work well in a demanding, fast paced work environment. Solid general maintenance, repair, some basic carpentry, and general electrical knowledge is needed to keep doors at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport in good working condition. To successfully complete this work may require the use of lifts and ladders and work may be performed on occasion outside of regularly assigned shift hours and in a variety of weather conditions on an as needed basis.
Essential Job Functions
- Under limited supervision troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the locking mechanisms, hardware, closers, magnets, sensors, and other devices on various types of doors throughout the airport.
- Ensure all doors remain in good working order and meet security and access requirements in the secured areas of the airport, as well as general operations in public areas of the airport.
- Work in collaboration with other service vendors who may also be responsible for aspects of door operations and security across the airport.
- High school diploma or GED is required with associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a commercial, industrial, manufacturing, aviation, or institutional setting performing a variety of maintenance and repair tasks to include some responsibility for repairing and maintaining various door types is required.
- Two to 4 years’ experience working primarily on repairing and maintaining various fire rated door types in a commercial, industrial, manufacturing, aviation, or institutional setting is required
- Under limited supervision troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the locking mechanisms, hardware, closers, magnets, sensors, and other devices on fire-rated doors throughout the airport.
- Ensure all fire-rated doors remain in good working order and meet security and access requirements in the secured areas of the airport, general operations in public areas of the airport, NFPA and city of Atlanta building and fire codes.
- Work in collaboration with other service vendors who may also be responsible for aspects of door operations and security across the airport to ensure annual fire-rated door preventive maintenance (PM) and operations tasks are completed by established schedules and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform assigned work consistent with Jacobs Beyond Zero safety principles and practices.
- Ability to perform general maintenance repairs using hand tools, power tools, parts, materials, and equipment to complete work order assignments.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on teams to accomplish project and client goals and objectives for door operations and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively using Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to use standard office systems including a computerized work order management system, computer workstations, mobile tablets, etc.
- Working conditions in the work area can include indoor environments, as well as outdoor environments, which could cause exposure to changing weather conditions; proper environmental attire will be required.
- Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens, and various chemicals.
- The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Physical requirements to perform work will include ability to sit, stand, stoop, twist, and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to maintain equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift, must be able to walk long distances throughout the facility, lift objects up to 40 pounds from floor level to waist height, climb into and out of vehicles having high ground clearance; work in prone position under vehicles or equipment; wear and use appropriate safety equipment; work alternate shifts to meet client needs.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.