San Diego, CA 92121
- The General Machinist will operate any machine or tool generally in use in the plant to perform completely and independently specific operations as outlined in the methods and process sheets furnished.
- Machine parts to specifications using manual machine tools such as lathes, milling, VTL, CMNC, shapers or grinders.
- Plan sequence of operations, working from blueprint and engineering information.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Journeyman Certificate a plus.
- 3- 5 years of specific and related experience.
- Must have skill level more than Machinist.
- Must have complete knowledge of temperature changes caused by machine operations and the use of proper coolants.
- Must have prior machinist experience of a Machine Operator.
- Must have and be able to use machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Must have knowledge of shop practice and procedure including machinability of metals for performance of the work described.
- Must be able to use shop mathematics including decimals.
- Must learn shop trigonometry, if not already known, during course of employment if progression is to occur.
- Must be able to comprehend, interpret and follow directions, both written and oral, as generated by the company.
- Must be able to interpret and follow methods and process sheets.
- English language skills required
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.